The units are located in the leafy suburb of Glenunga. They are individual studio flats with a kitchenette and small bathroom. There is an onsite worker on-call 24/7 who supports residents with medication management, and transport to appointments as well as any support they require to live as independently as possible.
Aldridge court has been operational for over 20 years and is a highly respected Supported Residential Facility that provides quality support for residents. Aldridge court is set in the beautiful suburb of Parkside. Residents have their own rooms that are spacious and have a kitchenette, individual air conditioning, bathroom and room for a couch. We have a commercial chef who makes delicious meals every day
- Aldridge Court also is conscious about its environmental impact and has a few chooks who eat the scraps and give the residents eggs. Residents are involved in looking after the chickens and enjoy their company. Aldridge court is pet friendly and has a resident dog and cat on the premises. Aldridge court has raised garden beds for residents to plant their own vegies as well.
- Aldridge court is close to shopping centres and is an easy commute from the city. Staff provide transport to appointments. On site are social workers who can also work with residents to work through any difficulties or service issues they have.
- Residents have regular house meetings to discuss issues.
- Washing of clothes is provided
- Support with medication is also provided.
- Aldridge court is preparing for the NDIS which begins in April 2018 for the central region.
The Mt Barker Farm
Mt Barker farm is a 5-acre farm set in the beautiful Adelaide hills. The outlook is across a valley with views of vineyards. In the front paddock, there are alpaca’s, sheep and lambs. Some chickens also live on site and the next-door neighbour dog is a frequent visitor. Mt Barker farm provides 24/7 supported accommodation for young men who need assistance to live in the community. To be eligible to live at the service they need to have a DSA or NDIS package.
The Mt Barker farm specialises in supporting young men who have challenging behaviours of concern through person-centred practice and positive behaviour support planning. Residents receive therapeutic support to maximise their engagement in the community.
The residents are supported to access employment and engage positively in the community.
Hahndorf farm caters for a supported independent living (SIL) for young men learning to be independent. The site is a working farm and the young men who live there are involved in day to day running of the farm and learning independent living skills. To be eligible participants need an NDIS package.
We currently have 2 vacancies at Hahndorf Farm for participants who require 1 as to 1 SIL accommodation.